WELCOME TO THE 2018 NATIONAL EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING AWARDS
For 24 years ASG and the NEiTA Foundation have been acknowledging exceptional teachers in early learning centres, primary and secondary schools, and special schools across Australia and New Zealand.
In fact, these teachers aren’t just exceptional professionals. They’re also talented, committed, caring, innovative, passionate and dedicated to their students, schools and the community.
Thank you for nominating an excellent educator. Previous recipients have included a teacher who provided a safe learning space for young learners in the Great Victorian Desert. Another engages visiting artists to provide master classes and workshops for his music students. While Michelle Allen, a 2017 recipient will lead two students representatives to NASA’s space camp in Alabama, USA.
ASG NEiTA objectives:
- Recognise teachers and leaders who represent excellence within their teaching profession through their contribution to the advancement of education at a local, regional or national levels.
- Promote recognition of education and its significant contribution to the development of confident lifelong learners.
- Encourage interaction between schools, early childhood education services and their local communities.
- Raise community confidence in the teaching profession.
- Encourage and support increased professional development of early childhood, primary, intermediate and secondary teachers and leaders.
- Facilitate networking of teachers and educational leaders and the exchange of information about successful teaching practices (methods and strategies).
- Provide grants and award prizes to teachers and leaders who have demonstrated a particularly high level of dedication and professional expertise and excellence.
- Advocate, on behalf of teachers and the broader community, government recognition of teachers as informed professionals who impart student learning and improve school practice and performance.
If you have any questions or queries, please email
NEW ZEALAND: email@example.com
Stage 2 judging has commenced.